Current Website Design Trends 2014 features a bold, colorful look with less text and larger graphics. The text is also larger — huge — so it can be read at a glance. Homepages are typically long and visitors scroll down to see more content options. Most of these trends are tied to the movement toward mobile-friendly web design.
Here some of the features in a nutshell.
- spacious, minimalists layouts
- lots of white space
- bigger buttons, bigger graphics, bigger text
- longer pages that one scrolls down
- no or few boxes and/ or open sides for better responsiveness on mobile
- colors trends include bright colors like cobalt, electric blue, orange and chartreuse mixed with blacks, grey and white for high impact, high energy
- great fonts
- use of handwritten fonts on consumer-oriented websites for a friendly enticing design look
Here a two sites I’ve admired recently where you can see these design features:
We’ve redone our site along these lines. If you’d like to discuss redoing your WordPress website to capture these latest trends, please give me a call at 510-527-9920. The 2014 design trends are gorgeous and practical with their focus on mobile, readability and prominent calls to action.